Certified Student Membership
Certified Student Members are the latest edition to the SADM membership opportunities. If you are a student age 16 or 17 and are actively engaged as a dance teacher or assistant teacher with at least two years of prior experience, you may be qualified to join!
Check out the benefits and advantages to becoming a Certified Student Member:
- Performance opportunities at SADM conventions
- Ability to take classes in either the Teacher Room or Senior Room at SADM conventions
- Potential opportunities to assist convention faculty upon request
- Eligibility for memorial scholarships offered by SADM
- Exclusive meetings and events during SADM conventions
- Specific CSM T-shirts
- Opportunity to earn voting privileges upon turning 18 and being obligated into the SADM general membership*
* NOTE: In order to receive Active Member status, a CSM must be obligated within one year following his/her 18th birthday. If they do not comply, they must be re-tested for active membership.
Certified Student members have special meetings at each SADM convention. They also receive an exclusive t-shirt. At SADM conventions, certified student members have the opportunity to perform at convention events.
If you have questions on the CSM program, please contact Anna Washko.
To apply to be a CSM, you must;
- Be 16 or 17 years of age.
- Complete the SADM Application for Membership and circle the CSM option.
- Pay the $40 application fee (one-time fee valid throught certified student membership).
- Obtain sponsorship by a member of SADM who is in good standing or provide two letters of recommendation in the field of dance who will vouch for the applicant's good moral character.
- Mail the completed form, sponsorship or recommendations, and application fee to:
Rosemary Turner, Chief Examiner
39 Wesleyan Place
Dallas, GA 30132
- Pass the SADM exam in one or more of the following categories: tap, ballet, or jazz.