By-Laws, Policies and Code of Ethics
SADM's By-Laws and Policies are available in a downloadable PDF. Please click here to view. We encourage our Members to have a printed copy of the By-laws.
The following Code of Ethics is part of our association's by-laws. All members receive a copy of the Code of Ethics and signify their intention and willingness to abide by this code upon joining SADM.
I, having been accepted into membership in the SOUTHERN ASSOCIATION OF DANCE MASTERS, do hereby subscribe, without reservation, to this CODE OF ETHICS, and do solemnly agree that:
- I will endeavor to enhance and enable the status of the dancing profession by maintaining a dignity of manner in my behavior, in the presentation of my teaching and dancing services, in the appearance of my studio or place of business, and in all other forms of public contact.
- I will observe the highest standard of honesty in all my transactions, avoiding the use of false titles, confusing or inaccurate technical terms or descriptions, and misleading terms or claims.
- I will at all times endeavor to produce only the highest types of teaching and dancing services that will enhance the prestige of the profession, to apply my best efforts on behalf of the public, and to do my part in raising the general standard of the art of dance.
- I will show a friendly spirit of cooperation with my fellow dance teachers and assist them whenever possible should they be in trouble or difficulty.
- I will at all times avoid the use of unfair competitive practices.
- I will assist and give knowledge to the members of my profession, and will encourage them individually and collectively, so that the quality of the dance may constantly be raised to higher standards.
- In all matters relating to the interpretation of this Code, I will recognize the authority of the Southern Associations of Dance Masters.